We are head instructors Brian Yamasaki and Brandon Kiser.
We have been studying the Martial Arts for over 2 decades and have run Mushin Self Defense since 2000. We provide Salt Lake & Davis County with Brazilian Jiu-jitsu, Submission Wrestling, and Thai Boxing instruction.
Our goal is to provide professional Martial Arts Instruction to anyone interested in learning in a disciplined, respectful, clean and safe environment. We offer classes for beginners, and experienced students, Kids, Adults and everyone in between.
When you come to our gym, you can expect the highest levels of professional instruction from qualified coaches. We vet each and every one of our students to ensure that when you come to class you are surrounded by friendly, safe and helpful students who are just as excited about helping you reach your goals as they are about achieving their own.
If you have any questions about our gym, please call us at (801) 296-0734 or leave us a message on our contact form. We’d love to hear from you.
We provide professional Martial Arts Instruction in a disciplined, respectful, clean & safe environment.
Both coaches Brian & Brandon have many years of experience coaching, cornering, & competing in MMA.
Instructor credentials include:
- Black Belt in Brazilian Jiu-jitsu under William Bernales
- Full Instructor under Erik Paulson’s Combat Submission Wrestling
- Certified Instructor of Muay Thai under Ajarn Surachai “Chai” Sirisute
FREE Intro Lesson
Call Now 801-296-0734
Experience how martial arts can transform lives.
Sign up and we will contact you to schedule your FREE introductory lesson.
- brody howell ★★★★★ 3 weeks agoGreat personalized coaching, with great people who truly care about your improvement. Classes for every person from every background. They go your speed and make sure your fundamentals are intact while also teaching you advanced techniques … More that work towards whatever your fitness goal is whether that’s competing, learning self defense, great cardio or just something new to do. Highly recommended. You will not regret walking in the door.
- Amber Lee ★★★★★ 5 months agoThis program is spectacular! I have a son who struggles with maintaining meaningful relationships and self confidence. The environment at Mushin is structured, clean, friendly, fun, but most of all safe. The teachers here are invested in … More the student as a whole person. They check in with family, friends, and teachers. Brian is easy to work with, responds quickly to concerns, and goes the extra mile to create a family like experience. My son has found his voice, his confidence, and is also learning be accountable for his actions, as well as to value himself and others. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! A+
- Michelle Pemberton ★★★★★ 2 months agoExcellent teachers, a friendly and supportive environment. Always plenty of coaches in each class to cater for all levels of ability. I can’t speak highly enough of this dojo. My son has loved his time as Mushin, and has learnt and developed … More some great life skills. We’re just sorry we’ve only been here a year, I hope I can find another dojo as awesome as this one when we return to New Zealand!
- Kyron Yang ★★★★★ a month agoBest MMA gym.
- Amber Franke ★★★★★ 2 months agoThis program is spectacular! I have a son who struggles with maintaining meaningful relationships and self confidence. The environment at Mushin is structured, clean, friendly, fun, but most of all safe. The teachers here are invested in … More the student as a whole person. They check in with family, friends, and teachers. Brian is easy to work with, responds quickly to concerns, and goes the extra mile to create a family like experience. My son has found his voice, his confidence, and is also learning be accountable for his actions, as well as to value himself and others. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! A+
- Angie Sterner ★★★★★ 7 months agoAbsolutely 5 stars. I felt too old and slow and clumsy, but now I feel confident and then some stress as I learn, but just enough to push and motivate, not ever overwhelm. The coaches and Sensei Yamasaki are really amazing. I’ve learned … More so much and it really feels great. Love the other great women in the self defense class.
- Andrew Aboussleman ★★★★★ a year agoLife-long story short: I have lived and trained around the world, in traditional and modern martial arts, with countless instructors and schools… Like many great coaches, Brandon and Brian share a wealth of technical knowledge and experience … More between them. What sets Mushin apart from many gyms is the welcoming and peaceful environment they have built, so students can focus on learning. After relocating to Salt Lake City, it didn’t take long to see that Mushin is a great place with a great culture around it. I hope to stick around for a long while and see you on the mats!
- Daniel Turner ★★★★★ 9 months agoBrandon Kaiser and Brian Yamasaki are my coaches At Mushin. They are both amazing they take time to teach you the techniques! This is great because it also prevents injuries. And they encourage you to train light so you can avoid injuries … More and train longer. I’ve had a good experience at Mushin and will continue to attend as often as possible. Both Kaiser and Yamasaki are very talented coaches and well rounded, they train Tye kickboxing and jujitsu most Week days. Every Friday we put the two together which is MMA. It’s a lot of fun!
- Katelyn Kilian ★★★★★ 9 months agoLove going here! Been going for almost 2 months, and I have learned a lot. Yamasaki, and Kiser are both great at teaching. It’s a very professional setting, but we still have loads of fun and a great time. I would definitely suggest coming … More in and just trying a class out!
- Angela Seely ★★★★★ a year agoI have had my boys at 3 different Karate studios, ( including Kona) and this place is by far my favorite. It’s the when my son was in kindergarten he had a rough year and this place was really good for him. Brian knows how to make it … More fun as well as teaching them respect and listening. The older kids that help him are great and I feel like all the kids get equal attention. He is great at talking them through emotions as well. This place is very worth it and it the only studio that my kids enjoyed learning karate. Brian is patient, encouraging and so great with the kids.
- Hannah Vogel ★★★★★ a year agoLove love LOVE this gym! I started taking the women's self defense class and it has been amazing! Dane the instructor is so great at making everything clear and he takes the time to make sure you understand. Love this gym and I will … More defiantly keep coming back!
- Ryan Farrell ★★★★★ a year agoI've been so impressed with my son's change in mental attitude, discipline and confidence! Brian is a great teacher and coach. The Mushin team really engage with your kids. The teach them martial arts, but they also challenge … More and reinforce educational success . It is such a great experience for the whole family.
- Ben Wood ★★★★★ 7 months agoThe instructors are great and this is a wonderful place to learn martial arts
- Rich Lucy ★★★★★ a year agoMy 6 year-old (now 7) wanted to learn Karate (to become a spy haha). After some research, I decided to bring him to Mushin. I'm amazed at how much they learn in these lessons. He is learning many forms of self-defense including … More striking and grappling, but more than that he is also learning to quiet his mind and show discipline and respect. Youth classes are streamed to parents so that what is taught can be reinforced in the home. I couldn't be more pleased with Mr. Yamasaki and his team of instructors and highly recommend Mushin Self Defense.
- Michael Ipson ★★★★★ 2 years agoI've been training at Mushin for 8 months and love spending time there. The instructors are very good at communicating the material and bring a great energy to class. First time I've ever trained in any martial art and I feel … More like a hit the jackpot that I found such a great place. Now my 5 year old is taking classes and I'm worried if he sticks with it he's going to be able to take his old man before long. Thanks for everything Mushin!
- dave seljestad ★★★★★ 2 years agoOh man there is some Magic happening here!A few days ago I woke up a pissed off teenager and dug him into the gym. We stayed there and trained "together" for two hours. Slowly but surely he started to loosen up, become more social … More and even smile. After we got home he was singing in the shower and even being nice to his sister! What a great way to get him off his cell phone and spend time with me.This is not an ordinary martial arts school. This is a family...
- C Hatch ★★★★★ 2 years agoMushin is a great dojo. Brian and his staff do an amazing job of teaching the children martial arts. But what is really incredible is how effectively he teaches them discipline, respect, and the golden rule. They are taught perseverance … More ("A black belt is a white belt who never quit!), to take ownership of their actions, and to be teachers and leaders for their younger team mates. It's been 2 yrs since we started at Mushin, and I think it just gets better and better.
- ‘Enelē Ma’afu Tauteoli ★★★★★ 3 years agoBryan and Brandon are amazing teachers! Quality teaching and training! Both awesome individuals! Ive known them for many years now and I learn something new each time I get an opportunity to pick their mind on various subjects on the … More arts. I highly recommend these guys! Go train with them!
- Chris Moody ★★★★★ 4 years agoI cannot say enough good things about Saturday training at Mushin Academy with Brandon and Brian. Relaxed atmosphere, two hours of sparring and rolling, a chance to experiment with new skills and hone favorites, and the opportunity to learn … More from other guys where your holes are and try to correct them immediately in the next round. I love it. It's awesome! Thanks everyone that was there.
- Jake McMillin ★★★★★ 2 years agoI've been at this gym for about 8 months and joining was one of the best decisions I have ever made. The coaches are great and are extremely flexible to help you achieve whatever your personal goal is. The gym is very friendly and … More all the members are great at helping out and making everyone, especially the new-comers, feel welcome. I have learned more then I ever thought I could, and I feel like I get better at this art every single week. The coaches really put their hearts into the gym and it shows by the great environment they have created.
- Keiko Coleman ★★★★★ 3 years agoMy 10 year old son loved taking lessons from Brian. He was taught discipline and gained self confidence, all while having a great time. Brian is knowledgeable and has a good relationship with the kids in class. He's interactive and … More fun, but also requires respect from the students. His love for the sport as well as the children he teaches is apparent.
- Andrea Smith ★★★★★ 2 years agoMy 6 year old daughter took a private lesson with Brian and it was amazing! She absolutely loved it. Brian was patient with her but also pushed her, too, and she learned so much in just 1 hour. By the end she she was able to break a … More green board with her foot - she was so proud of herself! I would highly recommend Mushin MMA!!
- Adam Scherzinger ★★★★★ 5 years agoMy son started with a Kenpo school in West Jordan when he was five. We moved to Davis County and spent a year trying different schools, both well know and not so well know, we met with Brian Yamasaki. I immediately paid for one year of … More instruction because I knew Brian was a different kind of instructor than what we had seen in our search for the right school. I believe my son is a better student, friend, and citizen in part from the lessons learned on the mat and the example of Brian Yamasaki. My son is now 15 and nearing his time to earn his black belt. I think next to my sons Mother and I, Brian is his biggest supporter in all the positive things he does.If your goal is self defense or competition, there is no better school or instructors available in Davis County than those available at Mushin Self Defense.
- Jessica Ericksen ★★★★★ a year agoMushing is a great community with instructors who really know what they are doing. I would recommend them over and over with no hesitation. When I was going through a rough time; the community, instructors, the exercise, basically all of … More it!!! Really helped me through it. I really can’t say enough good things about Brian and Brandon and their gym.
- Rick Tennant ★★★★★ 5 years agoMy son has been a student of Mushin for over a year now. He enjoys it, Brian and Kiser have been great coaches.. They teach the art, they teach respect and they teach consequence. It is a fascinating sport and humbling at the same … More time. Mushin has helped teach my son respect that I have seen translate to all aspects of his life. I have enjoyed watching my son grow and develop. Thanks men, I would recommend Mushin MMA to anyone.
- Lisa Serio ★★★★★ 5 years agoMy 5 year old son started taking Karate at Mushin over 2 years ago with Brian and has loved it ever since his first class. His confidence has grown leaps and bounds under Brian's firm but encouraging guidance. He was extremely hesitant … More and shy at first but now karate is one of the highlights of his week and he just earned his orange belt. Brian is terrific with the kids and gives them life lessons along with karate instructions that benefit the kids inside and outside the dojo. Thanks Brian, Sammy loves you and all the coaches that help with classes!!!
- Lara Hues ★★★★★ 3 years agoTraining at Mushin is an absolutely incredible experience. It has taught me, not only techniques and self-defense, but it has emboldened me in other aspects of my life. It's helped me to temper my aggression, and think through stressful … More situations that have really translated across the board in my life. Yamasaki and Kaiser are not only qualified and knowledgeable, but they have a gift of teaching. Not only that, but they take care to provide an atmosphere that is fun, instructive, and inclusive. Basically, the guys (and girls) that train there are just cool people. I went in as an absolute novice and had no issues. At the same time, blue belts and higher come in and learn new things. They really cater to your skill level. Definitely recommend this place and these trainers to anyone interested in MMA, self-defense, grappling, CSW, etc.
- Trevor Osborn ★★★★★ 3 years agoI initially started training at Mushin MMA about 15 years ago as a teenager. The mentoring, discipline, life skills, and invaluable lessons I learned there have stuck with me ever since. I put Brian's and Brandon's fighting … More methods to the test multiple times in full-contact MMA matches and can attest without hesitation that what they teach works and has practical application in the real world.
- heinrich mokofisi ★★★★★ 6 years agoI've been with this gym for almost 3 years. Very technical training and years of knowledge from both instructors in various martial arts; muay thai, combat submission wrestling, brazillian jiu jitzu, boxing, catch wrestling and other … More influences. It's a great atmosphere to learn mixed martial arts for whatever level of training you are looking for.
- Shane Taylor ★★★★★ 5 years agoFitness, friends, fun and solid self-defense. The world needs good guys (and gals) that are tough. Never too late to start - I started in my thirties.
- Murtaza Amin ★★★★★ 5 years agoThe instructors are good guys who really know their stuff. They push the students to help us get better, but they watch out for our safety too. The classes are intense and the techniques are effective. I learn a lot with each class; attending … More Mushin MMA is a great way to improve myself.
- A. Walter Johnson ★★★★★ 6 months agoI have now been in martial arts for 30 years. Though I'm still of beginner's mind, I've had the good fortune to train under some of the greatest masters in the world, lineage holders in centuries-old lines whom I sought out … More and travelled out of state to train with for most of my martial arts career. This is not to my own personal credit at all, for I am still a learner. Nevertheless, I know very clearly what good martial art is - and - what it is not. Brian Yamasaki is not only one of the best teachers of MMA in the state, he is one of the most gifted martial artists I have trained with, which is saying a lot. Anyone who is able to work with him is very fortunate.
- Marie McGregor ★★★★★ 3 years agoThis place is the best, they have serious fighters and novices like me, so if you're serious about mma or just want to learn self-defense and get a work out this is the pace for you. Everyone is alway kind, welcoming, encouraging and … More willing to help each other learn.
- Konrad Jones ★★★★★ 5 years agoI trained at Mushin from spring of 2008 until December of 2013. In that time and since my move out of state, I have had the opportunity to train with others around the world and nowhere else has even approached the atmosphere of professionalism, … More knowledge and family that I found inside those walls. More than just a place to learn to punch, kick, throw and submit, Mushin instills a sense of history, purpose and camaraderie that few other gyms could ever hope to achieve.
- Coni Cutler ★★★★★ 4 years agoBrian’s mentoring techniques are impressive and I must say I have learned a lot about how to foster respect and discipline in the children I mentor just by watching him. He’s awesome!
- Adam Johnson ★★★★★ 5 years agoI was looking for something new to break up the redundancy of my traditional workouts. Mushin was the perfect fit! Being a fan of the UFC and the local fighting circuits for 10+ years, I've had good friends that have been pro fighters … More but certainly never considered trying it myself. Being a cage fighter wasn't exactly something I was interested in. I looked into Cross-Fit and other workout programs but nothing gave back the reward and satisfaction I would soon get by signing up at Mushin. At first it was a bit intimidating. Rolling and sparring with guys who had been professionals and had trained for years. But as time went on, I realized how gracious and humble everyone at Mushin was. I didn't have to be a cage-fighter to learn MMA. They were more concerned with making sure I was learning than making sure they taught me a lesson. You won't find any ego's at mushin and in my opinion, that's the best attribute a gym can have. After almost 2 years at Mushin I've not only gotten the workouts I was looking for, but I've increased my knowledge of the martial arts and become a student of the art. I've developed friendships I'll have for a lifetime and taken away far more from training MMA than I would have originally anticipated. Thank you Coach Yamasaki and Coach Kiser! We're just getting started!
- Erik Espinola ★★★★★ 4 years agoI had the pleasure of bringing down Brian Yamasaki to Laredo Tx........Wow what an experience!!! He has the rare gift of knowing how to execute and teach all in one. I have trained in the martial arts for over 20 years and with the best … More instructors worldwide. Believe me when I say Brian is amongst the best i have ever trained with. Utah is lucky to have him! I highly recommend him!
- Josh Nicholls ★★★★★ 4 years agoFirst off coach Kiser and coach Yamasaki are two of the greatest guys you will ever met. I started training at Mushin having never thrown a single punch (no exaggeration). I was looking for something that offered both fitness and self … More defense. I was tired of the same old- run on the treadmill followed up by picking up heavy objects to get a workout. It was possibly the most intimidating thing I have ever done but both coach Kiser and coach Yamasaki did an outstanding job making me feel like part of the Mushin family. I have learned more from my time training at Mushin self defense than I ever could have imagined. Don't wait like I did to come in and give Mushin a try.
- Rachel Connett ★★★★★ 6 years agoMushin is awesome! My son is starting his 3rd year at Mushin and started when he was 4. Sensei Yamasaki is great with the kids and, in addition to karate instruction, he is instilling positive life values in the kids. He teaches them … More respect for themselves and for others, and also how to handle situations they may find themselves in (bullying, fighting, stranger danger). Even though they may have the skills to break a board with their foot or hand, they know not to use their skills to purposely harm others, but rather to prevent harm.
- Amy T ★★★★★ 5 years agoIt's worthwhile to watch my son learn the tenets of Karate namely respect, discipline, confidence, leadership and self-defense. It is equally important to see my 5 year old having fun, making friends (his age and a couple years older) … More and trusting his instructors. I sit on the sidelines every week and marvel at the respect the instructor, Sensei Yamasaki, gives each student and how each student in turn respects each other. I don't know what else to say except that it's a great dojo, you should try it out.
- Danesh Ajioka ★★★★★ 2 years agoIt was a great supportive and welcoming experience with very respectful and professional instructors.
- Jared Bringhurst ★★★★★ 3 years agoIf you are looking for the absolute best of the best from Kids classes, MMA trianing, CSW, Thai Boxing or JiuJitsu this is the place. I have been training around Brian and Brandon for over 15 years and they have managed to keep the best … More culture of any school I have been around. Do yourself a favor and take their free class before you choose a school. I drive from Holladay 45 minutes just to train here. Thanks Yamasaki and Kiser for creating such a great place to train with people that are more like family than training partners.
- Barton Burdette ★★★★★ 5 years agoLook no further for a combat/fitness gym. Khru Yamasaki and Sensei Kiser not only offer some of the best technical instruction and comprehensive training in the western US but also create an incredibly welcoming and positive environment. … More Mushin offers a wide range of classes, has a very diverse student body, and convenient hours that suit my busy schedule. In addition to the fun and dynamic atmosphere, Mushin is affiliated with some of the best martial art lineages in the country; providing exposure and access to living legends in Muay Thai, Catch Wrestling, Jiu-Jitsu, Combat Submission Wrestling, and others.
- Peter J. Esquibel ★★★★★ 5 years agoI'm 46 years old and I've been at Mushin MMA for about 5 years now. I come from a TaeKwonDo back ground of 10+yrs. I've trained at a couple of other MMA and Martial Art schools prior to becoming a member of the Mushin family. … More The coaches, Brian Yamasaki and Brandon Kiser are AWESOME! They have specific knowledge from different back grounds in Martial arts and are able to infuse these into a comprehensive and practical Self Defence and/or competitive form. I needed and have recieved the boxing and MuayThai training that is necessary to complement my TKD. The grappling arts of Jiu Jitsu, Submission Wrestling and Catch Wrestling are fantastic! I can't say enough about my classmates either. It's great here.
- Jared Fahrner ★★★★★ 5 years agoOne of the many things I like about Mushin is Khru Yamasaki and Coach Kiser’s philosophy on training. Train light, so you can train often, avoid injury, and improve your technique. They take the long view in training. Go soft, learn how … More to do the technique right. This is not that type of gym where people just go in and bang. You learn from world class instructors how to train for life.
- Chris Peterson ★★★★★ 5 years agoI have been training at Mushin consistently for the last 5 years. What I love about Mushin is Coach Kiser and Khuen Kru Yamasaki are never complacent, the vibe of the gym never gets stale. there is always something new to improve on whether … More it be an interpretation or execution of techniques, or the atmosphere of the gym. The MMA experience here is safe and competitive at the same time. Coach Kiser And Khuen Kru Yamasaki are invested in your progression as a person and a martial artist this is ultimately reflected in all the students, it is a true team environment. If you are considering getting into MMA or interested in the journey of becoming a martial artist, Don't waste another day come and get started.
- Gavin Massey ★★★★★ 2 years agoI have trained at gyms all over Salt Lake and the instruction at Mushin is the best in my opinion. They really understand the fight game on all the different levels and are able to break it down through explanation and then enforce the … More principles with appropriate drills. Each lesson builds on a curriculum which is well though out and aims to build the skills to be a complete fighter. The gym is clean and well run. I recommend Mushin MMA.
- man jared ★★★★★ 5 years agoMushin MMA is in my opinion the best MMA gym! Both Brian Yamasaki, and Brandon Kiser are remarkable instructors! They don’t just claim to be an MMA gym; they have the credentials to teach it. They possess the skills to teach someone; … More from the first day student to the pro athlete training for an upcoming fight. They instill a friendly, positive atmosphere into every student which makes for a remarkable place to learn, train, or just get in shape.
- Lucrecia Herrera ★★★★★ 10 months ago
- Spencer Larkin ★★★★★ 6 years agoMushin Self Defense is a place of learning for people of any age and any level of physical ability or experience in the fighting arts. It has an inviting non-intimidating atmosphere that provides a family and learning environment. Brandon … More Kiser and Brian Yamasaki have spent countless years and thousands of hours training and learning with the best instructors in the world to share it at Mushin. They excel in Combat Submission Wrestling, Muay Thai, Jiu-jitsu, Catch Wrestling to name a few. Not only will you get an outstanding work out you will be taught the intricacies of each technique. Mushin is a Japanese word meaning "no mind" and this is a very fitting name for the gym. When I train and learn here I am able to live in the moment and I am not often able to do this when I have nothing else occupying my thoughts. In western terms it is like being in "the zone" and completely focused. This has a great balancing affect upon me grounding me and making me a better person. I have developed many skills like discipline, creativity, confidence, teamwork, and strength from my association with Mushin. This is a wonderful place for children to have fun while learning many lessons in life like performing under pressure and learning to fail when it does not matter so that they can be their best when it does matter. Mushin is home to many seasoned professional fighters to the average Joe and all benefit together. I would highly recommend anybody to come and see for yourself the benefits that come to you by being at Mushin. Don't wait come in today.Spencer Larkin
- Morgan McKell ★★★★★ 5 years agoI have been at a lot of other MMA gyms in Utah, But Mushin exceeds them all. Both the instructors are so knowledgeable and explain everything in such great detail. Also, they are the most kind and caring coaches that I have ever had. In … More a lot of ways, not only do Brian and Brandon teach MMA skills, They teach life skills. Love it here. Best. Gym. Ever.
- Wendy Bringhurst ★★★★★ 5 years agoMy husband Jason and I have a combined 15+ years with Brandon Kiser and Brian Yamasaki. Their level of education and respect for MMA will make anyone feel comfortable training. Mushin MMA and everyone who trains there has become a part … More of our family. The support and respect, the fantastic energy as well as the education you get when you train at Mushin is all thanks to the wonderful teachers and the efforts they put into giving you a great experience no matter your level of education.
- Forrest Caudill ★★★★★ 5 years agoThese guys are the real deal. They treat their students with respect and they have such an enormous wealth of knowledge and experience. I live in Austin, Texas, so I joined their online academy and felt like I had hit the jackpot. I even … More got a chance to go up and train with them for a day (my girlfriend and I both). Coach Kiser was immediately warm and welcoming and both coaches went around to every student during the class and worked with them one-on-one. Much different than some gyms, where they show you the techniques and then mostly hang back.
- brian s ★★★★★ 4 years agoI have been training at Mushin for about 5-years. We train in Thai Boxing and Combat Submission Wrestling. The coaches know their stuff -- and know when to advance students. They are able to teach functional combat while keeping injury … More to a minimum. The facility is clean and the people there are genuine. If you are considering training in MMA then I highly recommend giving Mushin a try.Another year has past and my opinion about Mushin, the coaches and students only improves. I have tried all the gyms closer to my house to try for a little more matt time, but nothing comes close to the personal treatment you will get from Mushin coaches. Kheun Khru Yamasaki and Coach Kisers' system is principled, theoretical and methodical supporting the right level for a variety of learning types. I just noticed that Muay Thai Institute was closing their doors. I highly recommend that you call coach Yamasaki or Kiser and give Mushin a try - they have a lot to offer.
- Hillary Mcchesney ★★★★★ 2 years agoWe have three children enrolled at Mushin studios. Almost a year ago, we decided to give the dojo a try and instantly decided it was a great fit for us. My husband has always enjoyed martial arts and wanted our children to be involved … More as well. I was more hesitant about the idea and attended several trial classes at studios around the valley. From the moment we entered Mushin studios, I was impressed with how organized and friendly the environment is. Sensei Yamasaki was extremely welcoming and helped my children feel a part of the training group immediately. I have seen this over and over as we welcome new students into our class. The winning factor for our family, however, has been the life lessons learned over this past year. Sensei has a way with his students that at once garners respect, presents expectation and shows genuine friendship. One of our daughters has turned over a very heavy leaf since joining Mushin; she is much more willing to ask for help, explain what bothers her and even train with her brother (a huge triumph). They may be earning belts as they work hard to reach their goals, but they're also coming away with valuable character lessons and solid friendships.
- Hussain Khorsheed ★★★★★ 5 years agoI’ve lived in Utah for almost five years, and joining Mushin MMA was one of the best things that happened to me during my stay in Utah. Mushin MMA is a community that is filled with different types of cool, helpful and friendly people … More that cares about each other. The coaches Brian and Brandon are very experienced and technical; they know how to deliver the information to the students. My experience at Mushin MMA made me so much better technically, physically and mentally.I highly recommend it to every one weather you’re a man or a women, a six years old or a sixty years old. Weather you want to be a champion or you’re just doing it for fun, Mushin MMA is the place to be.Best Regards,Hussain Khorsheed